The Italian Cultural Institute is the cultural office of the Embassy of Italy in Nairobi and therefore is a peripheral body of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Founded in 1971 with the aim of promoting and disseminating Italian language and culture, over the years it has become an important center of cultural and academic initiatives, a language school and a reference point for the people interested in our country.
In particular, the Italian Cultural Institute in Nairobi offers the following services to the public:
- Italian language courses (at the moment all the courses are held online)
- two annual sessions of Italian language certification exams
- information on Italy in the cultural field
- promotion of cultural initiatives and events
- school, academic and university cooperation
- assistance to Italian and foreign students regarding scholarships offered by the Italian Government.
The Institute, as per its aims, organizes and promotes cultural events such as exhibitions, film festival, concerts, conferences, theatre and dance performances; it also facilitates inter-university relations between educational institutions.
This Italian Cultural Institute’s area of competence is the Republic of Kenya.